adrian fox


SYNDROME  
For Howard Wright

I’m reaching in and out beyond
this locked-in-syndrome.  Beyond
the hum drum lunch box of tablets
and this overcast sky.  Beyond my
books “Splint” and “A kill house.” 
I’m here at the river, the source.

I’m just past the point of the blue-
stone road where u have to turn
and turn again. 

Hi Stephanie soiled, dead, this poem
means as much to you as the gold lettering
flaking away from the black marble head-
stone.  You’ll always be in my poems,
like the fox skulking through the weeds
of your plot "I am just your steppin-
stone.  Just your stepping stone".

3 comments:

  1. sytem not working

    ReplyDelete
  2. system now wrking

    ReplyDelete
  3. you notice i repeat the words beyond bluestone headstone and steppin stone poetry helps us almost
    to touch the magic source almost but we are just a stepping stone.

    ReplyDelete