The Prince (Poem)
For Will Oldham




I saw you in the gravel
Grinding dust
Your sweat a testimony
To a beauty made of rust
You lost yourself and lost me
As your demons danced
A broken melody.


With each word you meant
To turn me back into myself
You were torn from the wilderness
Wild eyed and wicked but tinder


With a heart of glass
And a voice of silver
You left me splintered 
and hallow like I had just sold my soul.





Heaven and a star (Song lyrics) 
For Mark Linkus (Lead singer of Sparklehorse .)
Down by the river
See the sparkle
See the shine
Lost and found
Lost forever
In the twinkle of an eye
Did you lose your mind?
Looking for a new sky
Did you hope to find a new high?
Up on your rocking horse
You were ambient
You were one of a kind
But now the rivers run it course
Your light is spent
Now you’ve left it all behind
Did you lose your mind
Looking for a new sky
Did you hope to find a new high?
You said you got so sad my friend
Did the sadness get you in the end?
Leave you helpless
Leave you hopeless
When you broke your heart
You broke mine too
You broke mine too
Now there’s a heaven 
And a star for you

1 comment: