THE ORCHARD   no2( song/poem)



In little bars & small cafe's I sit
to sort out what is real & what isn’t
Two hours to give it all & hit that high  
& 22 that’s left to occupy.
I do remember you, you touched my soul.
To fill me with a love to make me whole.
Love’s the only gift what will remain 
endeavours of the mind are all in vain.

It’s a long, long way from here to yonder
whatever makes it so I often wonder.
I recall an orchard in another time
the world was young & everything was fine.  

I struggle to return to that orchard
& I wonder was it ever there at all
Returning like a child to the orchard
to celebrate a time before the fall……
In moving trains I go within a world
that does’nt even know.

Life is a process not just some event,
the planet is’nt ours it’s only lent.
These days I’m sold on hanging onto now
and questions need less answers when you bow
Sometime I do ask, why and thats a truth
and long for the orchards of lost
youth.

2 comments:

  1. rod cool song poem

    these days im sold on hanging onto now.

    brilliant line.... i just put into poetic form i didnt change a word hope u dont mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these days im sold on hanging onto now, i bow every time i hear this song.

    ReplyDelete