© by Gréagóir Mac Giolla Fhinne

Born of Water

I live and breathe the Waters of Life,
I know no other World, as I cradle in
The liquid nest of my Mother’s Womb.
Then sudden and abruptly my World is
Swept from under me, my Ocean of comfort
Gone, I am Born, crying, into a strange World.
With tears in my eyes, remnants of my familiar
Place, I gaze into the eyes of Giants, making
Watery sounds with their voices, Primitive,
Though soothing to my ears, I feel their
Welcome, and I smile.

These two will teach me of this new place,
Though part of me, will always thirst,
To swim the old shore, to plunge into
The depths of my World once more.

2 comments:

  1. a womb dream cool i would just end first stanza at welcome and take i smile out its to sentimental
    and the poem is very earthy. you should read ted hughes he is brilliant at juxtaposing himself behind the animals eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Adrian, makes sense, bhuíochas mo chara (",)

    ReplyDelete